The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) strives to provide the highest quality of support to faculty, staff, and research administrators by facilitating proposal processing and submission; reviewing, negotiating and accepting contracts and awards; and managing awards.
In addition, OSP ensures compliance with federal and state laws and UT policies to clarify submission procedures and processing of awards and to ensure a uniform administrative process.
- Guidance and consultation on proposal development
- Proposal review, processing and submission to sponsor
- RFP/solicitation review to ensure compliance with sponsor requirements
- Budget review and assistance with budget development
- Official institutional signatory for proposals
- Contract review to ensure compliance with sponsor and university policies
- Negotiation of research contracts and other research related agreements
- Creation, negotiation, and processing of outgoing subawards
- Liaison between faculty and sponsors
- Final approval on research contracts and agreements
- Award set up in Cayuse SP
- Administration of incremental funding and post-award actions including rebudgets and no-cost time extensions.
- Coordinate PI transfer for incoming and outgoing faculty
- Coordination with Sponsored Projects Accounting
- Offer training tropics include Cayuse SP, OSP services, and agency regulations. For a complete list of training classes, go to workshop.utk.edu, then click on Office of Research and Economic Development workshops.
- Offer one-on-one training on any research administration topic
- Coordinate Research Administrator OutReach (RAOR) forums with Sponsored Projects Accounting. For a list of upcoming forums and presentations from previous forums, click here.