The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) strives to provide the highest quality of support to faculty, staff, and research administrators by facilitating proposal processing and submission; reviewing, negotiating and accepting contracts; and managing awards.
In addition, OSP ensures compliance with federal and state laws and UT policies, to clarify submission procedures and processing of awards for external sponsored program funds, and to ensure a uniform administrative process.
- Guidance and consultation on proposal development
- Proposal review, processing, and submission to sponsor
- RFP/solicitation review to ensure compliance with sponsor requirements
- Budget review and assistance with budget development
- Official institutional signatory for proposals
- Contract review to ensure compliance policies and procedures of the sponsor and the university
- Negotiation of externally funded contracts and other research related agreements (material transfer, confidentiality, etc.)
- Creation, negotiation, and processing of outgoing subawards
- Liaison between faculty and sponsors
- Final approval on contracts and agreements
- Award set-up in Cayuse SP
- Administration of incremental funding and post-award changes (rebudgeting, no cost extensions, etc.)
- PI transfer for faculty coming to UT and leaving UT
- Coordination with Sponsored Projects Accounting
Training and Development for Faculty and Staff
- Provide training and development for faculty and staff on topics such as:
- Cayuse SP proposal electronic routing system
- Services of Office of Sponsored Programs
- Agency specific regulations
- One-on-one training on any research administration topic
- Research Administrator OutReach (RAOR) Forums
- For a complete listing of ORE and OSP sponsored trainings please see the ORE event calendar.